I am a social/digital media and advertising specialist. This website serves as a home base for all of my web properties.
My life mantra: “Be the change you want to see in the world.” – Mahatma Gandhi
Who is Lyndsey Garza?
I graduated from the University of Missouri in the School of Journalism in May of 2014. I earned a dual degree in journalism and psychology, and a minor in business.
I am a Publisher Acquisition Coordinator at Q1Media.
Summary of my professional experience:
- Managed digital, mobile and video advertising campaigns for AdKarma as an intern.
- Curated content and developing digital strategy for YAYA Connection in conjunction with MOJO Ad.
- Authored a psychological research study on the effects of advertising on preschool children’s preference for toys.
- Served as the Social Media/Interactive Specialist on MOJO Ad in 2013 and was a part of the winning advertising campaign for the world’s largest retailer (Walmart).
- Managed and coordinated party and group events at a local pottery and ceramics studio.
- Taught at a state funded daycare and executed curriculum for children aged 0-12 years old.
- Analyzed and authored over 40 stories for Newsy.com. Drove traffic to the website and mobile/tablet applications by social media marketing.
- Designed, copy edited and maintained a weekly column for The Maneater.
- Interned and reported at the San Antonio Express News.